Yesterday I ran 10 miles from Mt. Vernon to Old Town Alexandria. It was not pretty, but I made it.
Before the start I saw Randy Mah -- a talented young man who interned for me some dozen years ago. I also was stopped by Sarah Talbot -- although I don't know if that is still her last name. We swam together at Catholic University more than a dozen years ago. And, somewhere around mile four I crossed paths with Brad Blaise. He too was a fightin' Cardinal back in the mid-90s.
So how do you explain a gathering with thousands of people and I run across three different people who I haven't seen in a such a long time?
For those who are interested, unofficial one mile splits are posted below.
Mile 1 -- 9:54, Mile 2 -- 9:13, Mile 3 -- 9:14, Mile 4 -- 9:17, Mile 5 -- 9:47, Mile 6 -- 9:39, Mile 7 -- 8:52, Mile 8 -- 10:04, Mile 9 -- 10:30, Mile 10 -- 8:43. Total 1:35:18.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment