I was on my bike. Then I wasn't. I was fine, then my shoulder was separated. The EMTs were tremendous. More on this episode later, perhaps when it appears funny to me.
Bruised and extremely sore, I am not sure when I'll get back in a pool. My first of only two triathlons scheduled for 2009 is May 9th. It is a Half Ironman. Yes, yes, I know. The swim leg is the least important portion of the race. The bike can be repaired. More importantly, I was wearing a helmet, didn't break bones or dislocate my shoulder and have all my teeth. Still, seeing the bright side is easier said than done.
I'd prefer to train in a pool than with running shoes any day and either of these options beat spending more time in the emergency room. Which leads me to this cool link. Check out these amazing pools: http://www.bootsnall.com/articles/09-02/12-most-amazing-pools-world.html.
No comments:
Post a Comment