Monday, March 16, 2009

Robert X. Cringely gets all Parrot-y on Us.

I have lost track of an old friend, in the sense that a book, or byline is like a friend. For years I would read whatever I could find by Robert X. Cringely. He is funny, anecdote driven and fact based in his writing. He covered Silicon Valley culture by living in an among the start ups. As he says on his website, "It’s not that he is so smart, but his friends are smart."

The lost has been found. Through the marvels of the Internets, I came across a link to this little essay by Cringely. Go ahead, read it. You know you want to. It is a bonus that his pseudonym makes me laugh every time I say it out loud and a double bonus that his blog name is a nod to this great book that went on to fame via PBS. Sort of reminds me of Cringely.

No comments:

Post a Comment