Thursday, January 15, 2009

So What is the Point?

What's the point here? Cut to the chase. Hey Kent, don't you know blogs are supposed to be punchy and get right to it?

I get technology. I use some social media tools. I'm acutely aware of how organizations communicate to shape outward circumstances to improve their standing -- or potential. What I hope to learn is the nitty gritty details and nuances of how the sum of a comprehensive social media presence can be greater than its individual parts.

To that end, one tool that I use to keep up with the flow is FriendFeed. It aggregates all of the RSS and other feeds of a given person so I can follow that person's activity in one place. I know that the service is widespread. It is used and not in the backwaters of the Internet. Yet, I don't know the strategies of how people build useful friend lists. Why is it that after a couple months on FriendFeed there are 9 people I am following but many multiples of that on Twitter or Facebook?

How are you using aggregators in your work life? Are you following Radical Immersion on FriendFeed? If not, why not? Comments open.

No comments:

Post a Comment