Friday, February 6, 2009

25 Things...Old Media.

First it was in USA Today. This morning in the Washington Post.

It is now clear that the old, printed on dead trees, mainstream media has noticed the latest Facebook craze. Write 25 facts, goals, or idiosyncrasies about yourself, post it where everyone can see, and then send a note to 25 friends asking them to do the same.

A Radical Immersion reader writes, "I’ve noticed that people, myself included, that almost always ignore requests like that have been participating." She must be right otherwise the arithmetic growth in the use of the "Notes" feature on Facebook -- as observed in the USA Today story -- would not be evident. I succumbed. I made a list too.

How long before a major ad campaign is crafted around "25 things"? Will the Budweiser Clydsdales suddenly have their own Facebook list of 25 things? The Michilen Man?

1 comment:

  1. Hollywood already has a movie in the works. Who do think should be in the leading roles?

    ReplyDelete