Thursday, February 12, 2009

Lance v. Kent. You Be the Judge.

If you follow @lancearmstrong on Twitter, you would know that he rode 120 miles today in 6 hours.

By contrast, I rode for 40 minutes on rollers in the garage.  And, just to make sure that he knew I am serious about this training, I followed up with a 4.5 mile run in 40:34.  While not earth shattering, this was the best workout I've had all year that didn't involve a pool.  I bet Lance is checking my race schedule right now and adjusting his plans for 2009.  Or not.

What we do have in common, beyond Twitter, is that we both ride a Trek.  His is custom made and tricked out with all the latest technology.  My is a 2600 from circa 1996.  Regardless, they both have two wheels and a carbon fiber frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment