Friday, February 13, 2009

Taking Radical Immersion to LinkedIn -- Too Much of a Good Thing?

Today I added the BlogLink application to my LinkedIn profile. It should pull a feed from this blog. The deed is done, although I'm wary.

There is a fine line between spamming and keeping up a relationship. If my Twitter feed goes into FaceBook status and now can be directly pulled into LinkedIn, and these posts are pulled into LinkedIn, at what point is there oversaturation?

One has to assume that there are significant overlaps among Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter populations of friends/connections/followers. My hunch is that the periodic emails that received from LinkedIn featuring changes in a person's network will start featuring the title of these blog posts for my contacts. At best, it is a low-noise, easy to delete signal that I'm a person engaged in the digital space. At worst, it will become an aggravating burr under the collective saddle of my professional network.

Like so much, it is a testable hypothesis. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment